The contention that Israel must abandon Judea & Samaria, in order to secure Jewish majority, is based on gross errors.
The American-Israel Demographic Research Group (http://www.aidrg.com/) documents in its recent BESA report, “The Million Person Gap” and in its “Forecast for Israel 2025 and Beyond” presented at Herzliya:
- In 1997, the PCBS openly quantified 325,258 residents living abroad and 210,000 counted by Israel in its Census base while over-estimating 300,000 births and over 300,000 in immigration errors during a seven year period through 2004.
- In 2004, there were 1.4 million Arabs in Judea & Samaria, not 2.4 million.
- Since 1997, Jewish population growth has exceeded Arab growth in Judea & Samaria. Average Arab net-emigration has ranged between 10 – 20,000per year and has risen sharply during recent months.
- There is a solid 67% Jewish majority between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. That percentage has not changed in more than 40 years
- Annual Jewish births have risen by 35 percent since 1995. Arab birth rates have stagnated over the same period.
- Jewish population growth in Judea and Samaria has exceeded Arab growth since 1997. Arab emigration is on the rise.
- There is no demographic justification for abandoning Judea & Samaria to the terror gangs of Fatah and Hamas!
- Jewish demography is a strategic asset, not a liability. Leaders shape demography according to strategy and not vise versa.
- Judea & Samaria provide 40% of Israel’s water. They are the “Golan Heights” of Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and the coastal plane.
THE DEMOGRAPHIC MOMENTUM IS JEWISH!
LET’S KEEP IT THAT WAY.